Providence Health Care is the Lead Health Authority for the Lower Mainland Health Information Management (HIM) Consolidation. Recognized as part of a collaborative initiative between four of British Columbia’s largest healthcare employers, Providence Health Care, Fraser Health, Provincial Health Services, and Vancouver Coastal Health, who combined employ over 60,000 staff and have sites spanning areas from Powell River to Richmond, and through to Hope, British Columbia, the HIM team is committed to providing quality service to patients and clients alike. Health Information Management’s vision is to support and improve the planning and delivery of health care by leading in the adoption and development of knowledge & technology, and the sharing of best practices for Registration, Transcription, Coding and Record Management services.
Clerk IV, Record Completion
Temporary Part Time 0.50 FTE (Until March 27, 2018)
Prince George, BC
Under the supervision of the Manager or Coordinator, performs quantitative analysis on patient records by checking for completeness of the record. Maintains the record completion system in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and standards. Administers the physician suspension process regarding non-compliance regarding record completion.
Education, Training and Experience
- Grade 12, plus two years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the link below:
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.