Providence Health Care is the Lead Health Authority for the Lower Mainland Health Information Management (HIM) Consolidation. Recognized as part of a collaborative initiative between four of British Columbia’s largest healthcare employers, Providence Health Care, Fraser Health, Provincial Health Services, and Vancouver Coastal Health, who combined employ over 60,000 staff and have sites spanning areas from Powell River to Richmond, and through to Hope, British Columbia, the HIM team is committed to providing quality service to patients and clients alike. Health Information Management’s vision is to support and improve the planning and delivery of health care by leading in the adoption and development of knowledge & technology, and the sharing of best practices for Registration, Transcription, Coding and Record Management services.
Clerk IV Registration
Reference # PHC16-107393
Registers Patients (Including Inpatients, Outpatients, Ambulatory Care Patients And Emergency Patients) In The Computerized Admission/Discharge/Transfer System. Processes Preadmissions, Admissions, And Discharges. Identifies And Provides Available Bed Options To Appropriate Clinical Staff As Requested.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 12 and Two Years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Please only apply if you meet the following requirements:
- A graduate from a MOA, or Hospital Support Specialist Program
- 2 Years recent experience working in registration or in an equivalent role
- 2 Years experience in an administrative and customer service role with Medical Terminology knowledge
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 45wpm.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the link below:
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.