The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Burnaby Hospital Lab
Pay Rate: $21.88/Hour
Reference # 2253583
Transcribes medical dictation and performs secretarial duties for the department including typing various material, answering incoming calls, setting up and maintaining filing systems.
1. Enters patient demographics, specimen description and results in computer system.
2. Transcribes medical dictation such as Autopsy, Surgical and Bone Marrow reports, medicolegal
consultation reports, etc. from dictation equipment and/or written draft. Prints out reports and distributes
3. Types material such as correspondence, papers, lectures, procedure manuals, memoranda, letters,
reports, etc. from dictation equipment or hand-written draft, as assigned.
4. Opens mail and distributes. Answers incoming calls, takes messages, answers enquiries or refers as
5. Sets up and maintains filing systems including reports, slides, etc.
6. Performs related clerical duties such as photocopying, forwarding slides as requested, and filing.
7. Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Training & Experience
Grade 12, graduation from a recognized program in medical transcription and one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 60 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.