New collaborations are underway across the lower mainland health authorities to share resources and optimize care and service. This job posting is one of the exciting new collaborative opportunities currently available.
Medical Laboratory Assistant
Current and future Casual (on-call) opportunities may be available at the following locations:
Vancouver – Vancouver General Hospital, St Paul's Hospital and Mount St. Joseph's Hospital
Richmond – Richmond Hospital
North Vancouver – Lions Gate Hospital
Burnaby – Burnaby Hospital
Port Moody – Eagle Ridge Hospital
New Westminster – Royal Columbian Hospital
Maple Ridge - Ridge Meadows Hospital
Surrey - Surrey Memorial Hospital
Delta - Delta Hospital
Langley - Langley Memorial Hospital
Abbotsford - Abbotsford Regional Hospital
White Rock - Peace Arch Hospital
Mission - Mission Memorial Hospital
Chilliwack - Chilliwack General Hospital
You will perform collection, preparation and testing for a variety of specimens in a laboratory environment. Your proficiency with computer data entry and related clerical functions will be of great benefit to our team.
Education, Training and Experience
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Lab Assistant training program, plus one year recent related experience in phlebotomy or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 25 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
We will contact applicants as opportunities become available.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.