The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities.
Medical Laboratory Technologist
Current and future Casual (on-call) opportunities may be available at the following locations:
Vancouver – Vancouver General Hospital, St. Paul's Hospital and Mount St. Joseph's Hospital
Richmond – Richmond Hospital
North Vancouver – Lions Gate Hospital
Burnaby – Burnaby Hospital
Port Moody – Eagle Ridge Hospital
New Westminster – Royal Columbian Hospital
Maple Ridge - Ridge Meadows Hospital
Surrey - Surrey Memorial Hospital
Delta - Delta Hospital
Langley - Langley Memorial Hospital
Abbotsford - Abbotsford Regional Hospital
White Rock - Peace Arch Hospital
Mission - Mission Memorial Hospital
Chilliwack - Chilliwack General Hospital
Under general supervision, the Laboratory Technologist performs laboratory duties for an assigned section or sections.
- Performs laboratory procedures and analyzes results according to established policies.
- Performs computer and/or manual clerical duties as required.
- Obtains laboratory samples from patients and performs point of care procedures.
- Prepares and processes laboratory specimens for analysis and/or transport.
- Communicates test results to designated parties and handles inquiries from other health team members.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) Certified.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated recent working knowledge of the assigned section or sections.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
We will contact applicants as opportunities become available.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: https://jobs.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.