The Primary role of the Training Coordinator is to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of training events and special projects.
Continuous Improvement 5S Lead:
The Continuous Improvement 5S lead will be responsible for ensuring that GDMS-C, specifically the Operations group, has an active and effective 5S program. This role will be supported by a Lean Specialist and a team of incumbents representing the entire Operations population.
Training responsibilities include managing, developing, coordinating and conducting large or small scale training programs:
- Conduct needs assessments and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Map out training plans, design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house) for manufacturing operations and HR Training (on the job training, simulations, mentoring)
- Choose appropriate training method for course and audience (appropriate educational aids and materials)
- Schedule and market available training opportunities to employees and provide necessary information
- Track and maintain updated curriculum database and training records for audit
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with subject matter experts regarding instructional design
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Maintain IPC Certification
Continuous Improvement 5S Lead:
- Specific activities that this role will need to enact/support:
- Chairing 5S meetings, tracking actions and development activities
- Leading 5S activities, including training and coaching Operations representatives
- Updating training and formal CI documentation to ensure alignment with activities and practices
- Assisting with the documenting and follow-up of all activities related to 5S
- Generating general communication to the population and the leadership team regarding 5S
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated work experience as a training, training facilitator or coordinating multiple training events in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivate.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and persuade.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multi-tasking.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong team building skills
- Passion for positive change and continuous improvement
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Ability to read and interpret documents, and procedure manuals.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiar with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: MS Office Suite
- All around flexibility with people and technology.
- High energy
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Training, HR or equivalent education
Minimum 10 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Secret Security Clearance
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems - Canada is one of Canada's premier defence companies. We have achieved a global reputation for providing leading-edge, technology based solutions to the armed forces in over 20 countries - from NATO to the Pacific Rim. General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada is a company built on the ideas of our employees. We give our people the support and team support necessary to realize their goals. We have a tremendous group of over 1,100 highly talented, creative and committed engineers, technologists and business professionals who are responsible for our continued success and growth.
It is up to us to ensure that our people are continually encouraged and challenged to grow both personally and professionally. As a company reliant on its people, we use an interactive team concept. Participation in various projects and on integrated product teams lets employees acquire new skills, or expand existing ones. Career paths here at General Dynamics Mission System - Canada are always evolving. We encourage and support our employees through training and career development and proven performance enhancement methods. Whenever possible, we promote from within the company. Our managers are not just bosses but mentors who have a vested interest in their employees getting the most relevant training. In addition to flextime, social events and fitness facilities, we offer a very competitive salary environment and generous benefits.
General Dynamics Mission Systems – Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Workplace accommodations are available. Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions on our disability accommodation policies.