Reporting to Director of Program Capture and Vice President of Business Development the Proposal Centre Manager is responsible for the efficient acquisition of new business in accordance with GD Mission Systems processes. Also responsible to Business Area designated Capture Managers to ensure timely development and delivery of proposals.
- Deliver quality proposals on time
- Coordinate proposal activities including work assignments for all support staff
- Act as single point of contact for all FMR scheduling
- On behalf of the Proposal Centre Director, attend Capture Gate Reviews and record action items
- Coordinate and facilitate tailored execution of the GDMS Capture Process with the Capture Managers
- Manage the progress of all proposals, coordinate the adjustment of staffing to meet surge requirements
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Capture Process including developing and maintaining proposal schedules, checklists and status charts
- Participate in continuous improvement teams to enhance Proposal Centre effectiveness as measured by win rate and ROI
- Implement new proposal technologies and tools to consolidate and align the Capture process within GDMS Canada
- Manage day-to-day activities of the proposal support staff/editing team including assigning resources to capture efforts as well as their development
- Manage proposal support sub-contractors
- Manage printing contract and budget
- Perform Proposal Manager activities
Required Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of and experience with the Capture Process
- Advanced writing and presentation skills
- Ability to translate a customer Request for Proposal into a coherent and compliant proposal response structure
- Good understanding of new business acquisition strategies and ability to translate these strategies into concrete proposal documents
- Advanced organization skills
- Good understanding of financial and commercial requirements specific to program Capture
- Good problem solving skills and ability to make independent decisions/judgments with minimal management oversight
- Coach and mentor staff; develop individual team capabilities; offer constructive feedback and recognition
- Good ability to identify and resolve conflicts between Capture stakeholders
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative and be accountable for results
- Ability to motivate the team and champion new ideas
- Advanced ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills
- 3 years’ experience writing proposals in response to customer requirements
- 2 years’ experience planning and developing competitive proposals in competitive business environments
- 2 years’ experience supporting formal Gate Reviews including FMRs
- 5 to 8 years of staff and/or technical project/process management experience.
University degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 10 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Secret Security Clearance
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems - Canada is one of Canada's premier defence companies. We have achieved a global reputation for providing leading-edge, technology based solutions to the armed forces in over 20 countries - from NATO to the Pacific Rim. General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada is a company built on the ideas of our employees. We give our people the support and team support necessary to realize their goals. We have a tremendous group of over 1,100 highly talented, creative and committed engineers, technologists and business professionals who are responsible for our continued success and growth.
It is up to us to ensure that our people are continually encouraged and challenged to grow both personally and professionally. As a company reliant on its people, we use an interactive team concept. Participation in various projects and on integrated product teams lets employees acquire new skills, or expand existing ones. Career paths here at General Dynamics Mission System - Canada are always evolving. We encourage and support our employees through training and career development and proven performance enhancement methods. Whenever possible, we promote from within the company. Our managers are not just bosses but mentors who have a vested interest in their employees getting the most relevant training. In addition to flextime, social events and fitness facilities, we offer a very competitive salary environment and generous benefits.
General Dynamics Mission Systems – Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Workplace accommodations are available. Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions on our disability accommodation policies.