At General Dynamics Canada, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success. The challenges and opportunities are endless. The results – incredible!
Our employees are exceptional! General Dynamics Canada is proud to employ over 1400 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our people are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.
General Dynamics Canada is Canada’s premiere defense company. We have achieved a worldwide reputation for excellence in the production of leading-edge, highly-complex, technology-based, integrated solutions for land, airborne and maritime applications.
The Manufacturing Supervisor leads a production team in an assembly/test environment, exhibiting effective leadership and coaching qualities. The primary function is to ensure that the production team meets quality, schedule and assign budget objectives, with adherence to relevant policies and procedures.
- Planning: Actively participates in front-end operations development to ensure resources, skills, order policy, build structure and plan is in place to ensure successful project completion.
- Execution: Take a pro-active lead in ensuring Quality, Schedule, Costs are meeting the assigned and allocated budgets. Resource skill management and team priorities are key success requirements.
- Coaching: Provide training and guidance to team members in order to have an efficient and effective self-directed work team.
- Communication: Interface with Material, Production, and Manufacturing Operations Management, Engineering and program personnel, to ensure issues/concerns are identified and requirements are clearly communicated.
- Continuous Improvement: Monitor KPI (Key Performance Indicators) trends and takes a lead in working with others to ensure continuous improvement of department and company goals. The knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principle is a must.
- Policies and Procedures: Recommend, maintain policies and procedures and ensure tall personnel work in accordance with these and other company policies and procedures.
- Training: Determine, plan and ensure personnel receive appropriate training to effectively perform required tasks.
- Other Related Duties: Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5 to 8 years in an Electronics production environment preferably associated with Military Electro/Mechanical assemblies
- Self-motivated/self-starting work ethic
- Positive attitude and disposition
- Ability to develop strong and useable interpersonal relationships with other team members
- Focused on continually driving business improvements
- Desire to be part of a World Class Organization
- Post-secondary diploma in related discipline (ie/ Technician; Technologist; Materials Management)
Minimum 5 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Security Clearance
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems - Canada is one of Canada's premier defence companies. We have achieved a global reputation for providing leading-edge, technology based solutions to the armed forces in over 20 countries - from NATO to the Pacific Rim. General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada is a company built on the ideas of our employees. We give our people the support and team support necessary to realize their goals. We have a tremendous group of over 1,100 highly talented, creative and committed engineers, technologists and business professionals who are responsible for our continued success and growth.
It is up to us to ensure that our people are continually encouraged and challenged to grow both personally and professionally. As a company reliant on its people, we use an interactive team concept. Participation in various projects and on integrated product teams lets employees acquire new skills, or expand existing ones. Career paths here at General Dynamics Mission System - Canada are always evolving. We encourage and support our employees through training and career development and proven performance enhancement methods. Whenever possible, we promote from within the company. Our managers are not just bosses but mentors who have a vested interest in their employees getting the most relevant training. In addition to flextime, social events and fitness facilities, we offer a very competitive salary environment and generous benefits.
General Dynamics Mission Systems – Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Workplace accommodations are available. Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions on our disability accommodation policies.