At General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada (GDMS-C), Canada’s premiere defence company, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver highly-complex leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success in land, airborne and maritime applications. The challenges and opportunities are endless. The results – incredible!
Our employees are exceptional! We are proud to employ over 1,400 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our people are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.
The Offsets & Industrial Participation Analyst supports GDMS-C’s Offset Manager in the development and execution of Offset plans for programs in non-US markets.
The Offsets & Industrial Participation Analyst will be expected to execute the following tasks with minimal management supervision:
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders from across all of General Dynamics to identify, develop and submit activity eligible for offset credit in non-US markets;
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to generate Offset reports in accordance with contractual requirements as well as any banking agreements in place with non-US governments; and,
- Maintain Offset records and generate internal reports as needed.
Under guidance of GDMS-C’s Offset Manager:
- Support capture teams in the development of compliant offset proposals;
- Support the negotiation of contract and subcontract Offset Terms & Conditions;
- Provide a point of contact for external stakeholders, including: customers; subcontractors, suppliers and government representatives.
Required Skills & Experience
- Advanced written and verbal communications;
- Experience with negotiations;
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Experience in Canadian Offset management; and,
- Experience in non-Canadian Offset management considered an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, law or related field. Professional experience may be considered in lieu of education.
Minimum 10 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Secret Security Clearance
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems - Canada is one of Canada's premier defence companies. We have achieved a global reputation for providing leading-edge, technology based solutions to the armed forces in over 20 countries - from NATO to the Pacific Rim. General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada is a company built on the ideas of our employees. We give our people the support and team support necessary to realize their goals. We have a tremendous group of over 1,100 highly talented, creative and committed engineers, technologists and business professionals who are responsible for our continued success and growth.
It is up to us to ensure that our people are continually encouraged and challenged to grow both personally and professionally. As a company reliant on its people, we use an interactive team concept. Participation in various projects and on integrated product teams lets employees acquire new skills, or expand existing ones. Career paths here at General Dynamics Mission System - Canada are always evolving. We encourage and support our employees through training and career development and proven performance enhancement methods. Whenever possible, we promote from within the company. Our managers are not just bosses but mentors who have a vested interest in their employees getting the most relevant training. In addition to flextime, social events and fitness facilities, we offer a very competitive salary environment and generous benefits.
General Dynamics Mission Systems – Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Workplace accommodations are available. Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions on our disability accommodation policies.