To plan, design/develop, select, acquire, commission, and support test facilities, equipment, tools and test methods facilitating production of new and existing products in Manufacturing Operations
- Develops and optimizes the test methods and process execution to facilitate the Manufacturing of quality products at minimum cost
- Drives the continuous improvement of production test yields through analysis of unit production data by making recommendations for alteration either to the production processes, test methodology or unit design.
- Designs/Develops/Selects Test equipment configurations for efficient production.
- Devsigns/Develops test programs for instrument controls and interface with unit under test.
- Represents Test Engineering at Design Reviews and product discussions including those with external customers
- Analyses and reports on the Testability of new designs; Recommends product design changes;
- Troubleshoots Test Engineering hardware/software with various standard equipment (meters, scopes, analyzers) to resolve operational issues and/or optimize equipment performance to meet production needs
- Provides project leadership and technical guidance to more junior personnel
- Performs a supervisory role for specific functional groups
- Assists in the preparation of Test Engineering operating, equipment and capital equipment budgets
- Actively contributes to long range strategic technology plans for Test Engineering
- Trains Test Engineering personnel in methods and processes
- Initiates, leads and/or implements process improvements within cross-functional team
- Performs other related duties as required
Required Skills & Experience
- Five to ten years of relevant experience related to manufacturing test & repair of electronic equipment
- Experience and knowledge in control software development using one or more of the following languages: CVI, C++, Lab View, VX Works, VB, TestStand, TestWay is an asset.
- Experience and knowledge in electronic (hardware) development
- Experience and knowledge in test equipment development is an asset
- Experience with instrumentation , measurement and PC integration is an asset
- Experience in Test Automation is an asset.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/Software Engineering or its equivalent.
10 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Secret Security Clearance
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems - Canada (GDMS-Canada) is one of this country's premier defence company. We have achieved a global reputation for providing leading-edge, technology based solutions to the armed forces in over 20 countries - from NATO to the Pacific Rim. GDMS-Canada is a company built on the ideas of our employees. We give our people the support and team support necessary to realize their goals. We have a tremendous group of over 1,500 highly talented, creative and committed engineers, technologists and business professionals who are responsible for our continued success and growth.
It is up to us to ensure that our people are continually encouraged and challenged to grow both personally and professionally. As a company reliant on its people, we use an interactive team concept. Participation in various projects and on integrated product teams lets employees acquire new skills, or expand existing ones. Career paths here at GDMS-Canada are always evolving. We encourage and support our employees through training and career development and proven performance enhancement methods. Whenever possible, we promote from within the company. Our managers are not just bosses but mentors who have a vested interest in their employees getting the most relevant training. In addition to flextime, social events and fitness facilities, we offer a very competitive salary environment and generous benefits.
General Dynamics Mission Systems – Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Workplace accommodations are available. Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions on our disability accommodation policies.