OSI Maritime Systems Ltd. (OSI) is looking for a Software and Systems Test Engineer who develops, performs, and documents test procedures on complex projects to confirm system functionality and integrity.
• Performs tests on complex projects, resolving and reporting on problems encountered and documenting test results for follow-up
• Adapts existing routine tests to new and other platforms
• Develops, performs, and documents test procedures to verify problem fixes and problems reported through Technical Support from customers; verifies new, untested product features
• Maintains processes for transfer of and access to test material to enable its use in both development and test environments
• Devises, implements, and maintains procedures for automatic initiation and easy verification of routine and moderately difficult test runs
• Ensures the integrity of test material by establishing and maintaining procedures and guidelines for updating and archiving of regression tests
• Interacts with the customer to execute test methods and procedures to the customer’s satisfaction
• Complies with OSL’s established ISO-9001-compliant development guidelines and standards
• Follows workplace operating and environmental, health, and safety procedures and guidelines
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Education: Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or Engineering Physics
• Experience: 1-4 years’ experience in a systems or software testing environment; experience in testing high level software or systems with real-time interfaces to external systems; experience working with customers to sell off requirements; experience working in an ISO 9001 compliant engineering environment would be an asset
• Skills: Ability to understand and work with complex system / software requirement specifications; theoretical and algorithmic background with experience in mathematical and/or geospatial applications; excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure in a high paced, challenging environment; ability to test integrated equipment
• Other: Knowledge of marine navigation concepts and systems is an asset
Coop experience considered an asset
Are you bored? We're not:
- Cutting edge technology
- A growing team
- Making a difference
- Living outside the comfort zone
We understand the importance of attracting and maintaining talented and committed employees. It’s essential for our long-term success and to ensure that our customers are served by a dedicated and knowledgeable team. With this comes a commitment to excellence, and a desire to employ highly skilled and driven individuals.
We are a leading provider of navigation and tactical solutions. For over 30 years, from being a pioneer of Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS) to currently providing software, integrated bridge systems, and bridge design expertise, we enhance the performance of many of the world’s largest navies and security agencies. We currently have 16 naval customers, many of whom have installed our solutions Fleet wide resulting in our systems being deployed in over 500 warships and submarines.
To learn more about our company and/or to apply for this position, visit our careers section on our website at www.osimaritime.com and submit your resume as well as a cover letter with your salary expectations. OSI thanks all applicants for their interest but will only be contacting the short listed candidates.