“Cascade Aerospace is one of Canada’s leading specialty aerospace and defence contractors- a place where we do cool things for great customers!” We invite you to consider a career with us- come, experience our creative, innovative, and performance-based company!
As an experienced CMT Technician - Avionics (AVS) you will perform aircraft maintenance, repairs and overhaul applicable to your trade on the Canadian Forces CC130J aircraft and complete the associated documentation in accordance with Canadian Forces and industry standards as well as Cascade Aerospace policies and procedures.
This position will require immediate Controlled Goods security clearance, therefore only Canadian Citizens and or Permanent Residents will be considered at this time.
- Strive to consistently act in a manner which reflects Cascade Aerospace’s culture and values;
- Ensure all repairs/modifications and inspection tasks are performed in accordance with the customer’s check package, Transport Canada Regulations (CARS), Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM), Quality Control Procedures (QCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Process Standards (CPS), all maintenance, manufacturing and policy manuals, and scope of their certification authority;
- Ensure the return of the customer aircraft in safe and serviceable condition by performing all work tasks in accordance with applicable manuals;
- Ensure all paperwork, documentation and reporting associated with a repair is completed accurately and in accordance with Transport Canada Regulations (CARS), Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM), Quality Control Procedures (QCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Process Standards (CPS), all maintenance, manufacturing and policy manuals;
- Provide coaching and leadership to junior technicians to ensure work tasks are performed efficiently and accurately, and appropriate skills to progress in the trade are developed;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written;
- Basic Computer Skills: word processing, spreadsheet and database programs;
- Specific skill and knowledge in performing manufacturing, maintenance, repair and modification of aircraft or systems and components in the areas of any of the following trades: Mechanics, Avionics, Structures, or Composites;
- Ability to ensure that approved standards of Quality Control are maintained;
- Safe work practices and techniques;
- Proven ability to use supervisory techniques, including the ability to establish work standards, provide coaching and motivate staff;
- Proven ability to communicate in a constructive manner; explaining processes, negotiating around difficult areas and providing a positive working environment;
- Proven ability to manage labour hours and work flow to enhance productivity.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (approved by TCCA or applicable governing body) OR Military course(s) equivalent;
- 48+ months' experience performing duties within the scope of their trade AND Holder of Transport Canada AME- E license OR DND equivalent certification/ authorization levels;
- CC130 B-H & J Aircraft DND / Military experience are considered an asset;
- Currently hold or capable of getting Controlled Goods Program Clearance and Secret Security Clearance.
REASONS TO APPLY
- Employee retention and engagement is important to Cascade, we value our employees;
- Competitive salary, Extended benefits, and Employee Resilience Program (all 100% paid by Cascade) are offered after 3 months employment;
- Pension matching of 3% offered after 6 months employment;
- 3 weeks paid vacation;
- ATO (approved training organization) provides Endorsement (type) training & development;
- Company-wide social events and family functions throughout the year;
- Relocation Package available for qualifying candidates.
Cascade Aerospace Inc. is a dynamic, privately-held Canadian specialty aerospace and defence contractor focused on providing long-term integrated aircraft support programs for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), military, government and commercial customers.
All employees are encouraged to realize their true potential and play an active role in fostering an environment of safety, quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. We are a diverse organization that strives to be respectful and inclusive of everyone and to treat employees fairly and equally.
At Cascade Aerospace we strongly believe in the value of teaming - with our employees, our customers, our suppliers, and our communities. It is by "Teaming with the best" and working collaboratively with our many partners that we are able to offer custom-tailored solutions for each customer's unique requirements. Our value proposition is that we build enduring customer relationships, and our strategic focus is customer satisfaction. It is a driver in all our decisions.
Cascade Aerospace is committed to the principle of Employment Equity. Creating an environment where diverse perspectives are valued begins with self-declaration. Count yourself in and self-declare by identifying which employment equity group(s) you belong to. In order to self-declare, please ensure to indicate this in your application, cover letter, or resume.