“Cascade Aerospace is one of Canada’s leading specialty aerospace and defence contractors- a place where we do cool things for great customers!” We invite you to consider a career with us- come, experience our creative, innovative, and performance-based company!
The Field Services Representative (FSR) is a primary member of an integrated team working with various DND and CAS personnel to improve aircraft serviceability on the front line by providing strong technical guidance and leadership in the resolution of immediate and long term issues impacting the CC130H fleet.
The position enhances support to CC130H and embeds a highly knowledgeable Legacy Hercules expert within the first line unit. When not advising the resolution of immediate Aircraft On Ground (AOG) situations, the position is also responsible to investigate the root cause of repetitive or significant technical problems and to recommend corrective actions. This role is, therefore, directly tied to optimizing aircraft serviceability, reducing the number of Ops Restrictions on each aircraft, and assisting in the timely identification and resolution of Supply and Engineering issues.
Primary workplace is in Winnipeg, Manitoba but candidate must be willing to travel with minimum advance notice.
Candidate must be willing to accept temporary assignments at any location, domestically or internationally.
Candidate must be willing to consider hardship and hazardous areas as temporary duty assignments.
This position will require immediate Controlled Goods security clearance, therefore only Canadian Citizens and or Permanent Residents will be considered at this time.
- Work alongside Canadian Forces (CF) Squadron personnel to assist in trouble shooting Primary Air Vehicle (PAV) related technical issues.
- Troubleshoot, conduct investigations, perform research and generate solutions for any and all C130 flight systems related issues.
- Work effectively with Cascade Aerospace Production Specialists, Supply Chain Management and Integrated Logistics Support, et al. to resolve technical issues that are affecting operations.
- Carry out investigations to determine the cause (and root cause if applicable) of repetitive or significant technical problems and recommend and/or initiate corrective actions.
- Liaise effectively with CF Sqn/Engineering Project Office personnel, CC130H WSM Office, and on-site CF and contractor representatives to resolve issues of significance.
- Conduct regular progress reviews and report on schedule and quality performance.
- Ensure compliance with all technical, regulatory, contractual, legislative and other Company and Customer stipulated requirements.
- Ensure efficient resource utilization.
- Strive for continuous improvement and apply innovative techniques to benefit the program.
- Maintain superior customer relationships and communications.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are performed in accordance with Cascade Aerospace Human Resources safety and security policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional communications, interpersonal, and customer relations skills- both written and oral.
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Mature professional appearance and behavior.
- Proficient in use of computers and various Cascade and customer ADP systems (Microsoft suite, ADAM, CGCM, etc.)
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma
- Certificate in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (approved by TCA or applicable governing body) OR Military equivalency;
- Holder of TCA AME M2 license or Military equivalency AVN with type training for CC130H & required ACA
- Minimum ten (10) years’ of technical experience on aircraft flight systems.
- Minimum five (5) years’ of technical experience on C130 platform mechanical & utility systems and structure, more specifically: hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, and all other mechanical systems, as well as propulsion systems, including engine, propeller and Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) systems.
- Technical experience working directly on the CC130H/L-100 (either in plant at Cascade, or as a CF AVN/FE) considered a strong asset.
- Experience to include installation, troubleshooting, operation, modification and inspection methods relative to flight systems.
- Experience with aircraft technical problem resolution, documentation, airworthiness, and quality assurance and flight safety concepts.
- Canadian Air Force background or experience operating at a Canadian Air Force operational site preferred.
REASONS TO APPLY
- Employee retention and engagement is important to Cascade, we value our employees;
- Extended benefits and Employee Resilience Program (all 100% paid by Cascade) are offered after 3 months employment;
- Pension matching;
- 3 weeks paid vacation;
- ATO (approved training organization) provides Endorsement (type) training & development.
Cascade Aerospace Inc. is a dynamic, privately-held Canadian specialty aerospace and defence contractor focused on providing long-term integrated aircraft support programs for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), military, government and commercial customers.
All employees are encouraged to realize their true potential and play an active role in fostering an environment of safety, quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. We are a diverse organization that strives to be respectful and inclusive of everyone and to treat employees fairly and equally.
At Cascade Aerospace we strongly believe in the value of teaming - with our employees, our customers, our suppliers, and our communities. It is by "Teaming with the best" and working collaboratively with our many partners that we are able to offer custom-tailored solutions for each customer's unique requirements. Our value proposition is that we build enduring customer relationships, and our strategic focus is customer satisfaction. It is a driver in all our decisions.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. Cascade Aerospace has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on either your application form, covering letter or resume.