JOIN OUR TEAM
“Cascade Aerospace is one of Canada’s leading specialty aerospace and defence contractors - a place where we do cool things for great customers!” We invite you to consider a career with us - come, experience our creative, innovative, and performance-based company!
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) performs work applicable to their trade and completes the associated documentation in accordance with industry standards, and Cascade Aerospace policies and procedures. Assists and coaches junior technicians as required.
Employees in the Avionics Job Family perform tasks of servicing, troubleshooting, maintenance, repairs, modifications, fabrication, installation and functional tests on electrical systems and their components utilizing the tools and equipment applicable to aircraft industry specification. After receiving adequate certification and/or training, employees in the Avionics Job Family will be able to complete avionics tasks and perform a maintenance release for tasks within the scope of their certification authority. In addition, they will be capable of working with related technical documents associated with their Job Family.
These positions belong to the bargaining unit and shall abide by all rules and regulations set out in the Collective Agreement.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Be familiar with and act in a manner which reflects Cascade Aerospace’s Policies and Procedures including, but not limited to, culture and values, respectful workplace, health and safety, attendance, and security;
- Adhere to the customer’s check package, Transport Canada Regulations (CARS), Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM), Quality Control Procedures (QCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Process Standards (CPS), all maintenance, manufacturing and policy manuals, and scope of their certification authority when:
- Performing repairs, modifications and inspection tasks to customer aircraft
- Completing paperwork, documentation and reporting
- Provide coaching and leadership to junior technicians to ensure work tasks are performed efficiently and accurately, and appropriate skills to progress in the trade are developed
- Perform other duties as required
- Good communication skills: fluent written and verbal. English is mandatory
- Basic Computer Skills: word processing, spreadsheet and database programs
- Specific knowledge of manufacturing, maintenance, repair and modification of aircraft or systems and components in the applicable trade: Mechanics, Structures or Avionics
- Ability to ensure that approved standards of Quality Control are maintained
- Certificate in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (approved by TCA or the applicable governing body)
- Holder of full ACA Authorizations in accordance to Cascade Quality Control Procedures
- C130 Experience is an asset
- 48 + months experience performing AME duties
- Holder of AME license or Certification Authority within the scope of their trade
REASONS TO APPLY
- Employee retention and engagement is important to Cascade, we value our employees;
- Comprehensive benefits package provided, including: Extended benefits and Employee Resilience Program (all 100% paid by Cascade) are offered after 3 months employment and Pension matching after 6 months;
- ATO (approved training organization) provides Endorsement (type) training & development;
- Company-wide social events and family functions throughout the year.
- Yearly wage increases as laid out in the Collective Agreement.
- Relocation Package available for qualifying candidates
Cascade Aerospace Inc. is a dynamic, privately-held Canadian specialty aerospace and defence contractor focused on providing long-term integrated aircraft support programs for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), military, government and commercial customers.
All employees are encouraged to realize their true potential and play an active role in fostering an environment of safety, quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. We are a diverse organization that strives to be respectful and inclusive of everyone and to treat employees fairly and equally.
At Cascade Aerospace we strongly believe in the value of teaming - with our employees, our customers, our suppliers, and our communities. It is by "Teaming with the best" and working collaboratively with our many partners that we are able to offer custom-tailored solutions for each customer's unique requirements. Our value proposition is that we build enduring customer relationships, and our strategic focus is customer satisfaction. It is a driver in all our decisions.
Cascade Aerospace is committed to the principle of Employment Equity. Creating an environment where diverse perspectives are valued begins with self-declaration. Count yourself in and self-declare by identifying which employment equity group(s) you belong to. In order to self-declare, please ensure to indicate this in your application, cover letter, or resume.