WHO WE ARE
"Cascade Aerospace is one of Canada's leading specialty aerospace and defence contractors - a place where we do cool things for great customers!" We invite you to consider a career with us - come, experience our creative, innovative, and performance-based company!
JOIN OUR TEAM
Cascade is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Material Handler who issues parts and fills pick tickets. They also ensure that the parts and materials are delivered to Maintenance in a timely manner. This person may also assist with loading and unloading trucks, and work with the shippers and receivers in helping them carry out their normal duties. This position is for the Graveyard Shift.
This position belongs to the bargaining unit and shall abide by all rules and regulations set out in the Collective Agreement.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1) Strive to consistently act in a manner in which reflects Cascade Aerospace’s culture and values.
- Complete work on time, and in the highest attainable quality;
- Treat customers and co-workers with sensitivity and respect;
- Assist internal and external customers in fulfilling their responsibilities;
- Enhance existing skills and develop new skills through continuous learning.
2) Ensure all Cascade Aerospace in-house inventory quality control procedures are performed and adhered to.
- Follow all work order closing out procedures confirm all tags and certification requirements are performed accurately;
- Conduct daily in-house audits, inventory counts, cycle counts and audit trail analysis;
- Correct daily transaction discrepancies in Visual Manufacturing.
3) Ensure all work tasks are performed in accordance with Cascade Aerospace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper safety equipment, such as proper gloves, respirators and eye and ear protection, is worn when handling hazardous materials;
- Make co-workers aware of hazardous materials being handled in proximity to their work place;
- Follow all safety policies and procedures when operating equipment and machinery;
- Demonstrate, by example, safety conscious conduct at work;
- Report any injury at work immediately to the Supervisor on duty and ensure that you receive treatment from a first aid attendant and fill out the appropriate paperwork.
4) Be familiar with and ensure that all workplace conduct is in accordance with Cascade Aerospace’s Human Resources, attendance, safety and security policies and procedures.
5) Perform other duties as required.
- Good communication skills: fluent written and verbal English is mandatory
- Ability to respond accurately to verbal and written instruction
- Good Computer Skills: word processing, spreadsheet and database programs
- Safe work practices and techniques
- Proven ability to work with people in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to ensure that approved standards of Quality Control are maintained
- Proven ability to complete assigned tasks on time and manage time efficiently
- Forklift operators certificate would be beneficial
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Grade 12 Diploma
Experience: 1-2 years' experience in a Stores environment
Prior experience in Aviation is preferred
Only Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered at this time.
REASONS TO APPLY
- Employee retention and engagement is important to Cascade, we value our employees;
- Competitive salary, Extended health and dental benefits, and Employee Resilience Program (all 100% paid by Cascade) are offered after 3 months employment;
- Pension matching;
- ATO (approved training organization) provides Endorsement (type) training & development;
- Company-wide social events and family functions throughout the year.
Cascade Aerospace is an operating unit of I.M.P. Aerospace and Defence. Employees of Cascade Aerospace are required to be fully vaccinated with all necessary doses of a Government of Canada approved Covid-19 vaccine.
Cascade Aerospace Inc. is a dynamic, privately-held Canadian specialty aerospace and defence contractor focused on providing long-term integrated aircraft support programs for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), military, government and commercial customers.
All employees are encouraged to realize their true potential and play an active role in fostering an environment of safety, quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. We are a diverse organization that strives to be respectful and inclusive of everyone and to treat employees fairly and equally.
At Cascade Aerospace we strongly believe in the value of teaming - with our employees, our customers, our suppliers, and our communities. It is by "Teaming with the best" and working collaboratively with our many partners that we are able to offer custom-tailored solutions for each customer's unique requirements. Our value proposition is that we build enduring customer relationships, and our strategic focus is customer satisfaction. It is a driver in all our decisions.
Cascade Aerospace is committed to the principle of Employment Equity. Creating an environment where diverse perspectives are valued begins with self-declaration. Count yourself in and self-declare by identifying which employment equity group(s) you belong to. In order to self-declare, please ensure to indicate this in your application, cover letter, or resume.