JOIN OUR TEAM
“Cascade Aerospace is one of Canada’s leading specialty aerospace and defence contractors- a place where we do cool things for great customers!” We invite you to consider a career with us- come, experience our creative, innovative, and performance-based company!
As an experienced Aircraft Technician you will be a primary member of an integrated team with various DND and Cascade personnel to improve serviceability on the front line by performing aircraft maintenance, repairs and overhaul within the scope of trade on the Canadian Forces CC130H aircraft.
Primary workplace is in Winnipeg, Manitoba but candidate must be willing to travel with minimum advance notice.
Candidate must be willing to accept temporary assignments at any location, domestically or internationally.
Candidate must be willing to consider hardship and hazardous areas as temporary duty assignments.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work alongside Canadian Forces (CF) Squadron personnel while responding to Primary Air Vehicle (PAV) related technical issues;
- Perform tasks within scope of trade and certification authority related to servicing, troubleshooting, maintenance, repairs, modifications, fabrication, installation and functional tests;
- Ensure all repairs, modifications and inspection tasks are performed in accordance with the DND Regulations, Transport Canada Regulations (CARS), Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM), Quality Control Procedures (QCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Process Standards (CPS), all maintenance, manufacturing and policy manuals, and scope of their certification authority;
- Ensure the return of the DND aircraft in safe and serviceable condition by performing all work tasks in accordance with applicable manuals;
- Ensure all paperwork, documentation and reporting associated with a repair is completed accurately and in accordance with DND regulations, Transport Canada Regulations (CARS), Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM), Quality Control Procedures (QCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Process Standards (CPS), all maintenance, manufacturing and policy manuals;
- Perform other duties as required.
Expected start date is April 2022. This position will require immediate Controlled Goods security clearance, therefore only Canadian Citizens and or Permanent Residents will be considered at this time.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (approved by TCA or applicable governing body) OR Military equivalency within scope of trade;
- Holder of TCA AME license OR Military equivalency within scope of trade;
- Aircraft maintenance and line servicing experience with a preference for C130H experience preferred;
- Canadian Air Force background or experience operating at a Canadian Air Force operational site preferred;
- Type training for CC130H & required ACA considered an asset.
REASONS TO APPLY
- Employee retention and engagement is important to Cascade, we value our employees;
- Competitive salary, Extended benefits and Employee Resilience Program (all 100% paid by Cascade) are offered after 3 months employment;
- Pension matching offered after 6 months employment;
- 3 weeks paid vacation;
- ATO (approved training organization) provides Endorsement (type) training & development;
- Company-wide social events and family functions throughout the year.
Cascade Aerospace Inc. is a dynamic, privately-held Canadian specialty aerospace and defence contractor focused on providing long-term integrated aircraft support programs for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), military, government and commercial customers.
All employees are encouraged to realize their true potential and play an active role in fostering an environment of safety, quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. We are a diverse organization that strives to be respectful and inclusive of everyone and to treat employees fairly and equally.
At Cascade Aerospace we strongly believe in the value of teaming - with our employees, our customers, our suppliers, and our communities. It is by "Teaming with the best" and working collaboratively with our many partners that we are able to offer custom-tailored solutions for each customer's unique requirements. Our value proposition is that we build enduring customer relationships, and our strategic focus is customer satisfaction. It is a driver in all our decisions.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. Cascade Aerospace has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are underrepresented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on either your application form, covering letter or resume.
For a complete list of job opportunities and to submit your application, please go to http://www.cascadeaerospace.com/join-the-team/.