JOIN OUR TEAM
“Cascade Aerospace is one of Canada’s leading specialty aerospace and defence contractors- a place where we do cool things for great customers!” We invite you to consider a career with us- come, experience our creative, innovative, and performance-based company!
Cascade Aerospace is looking for an additional Production Planner to plan activities for assigned projects and tasks related to designated areas of responsibility. A large component of this role will involve scheduling management, utlizing methodologies and processes to create schedules with Microsoft Project.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Create and maintain project specific schedules and communicate the schedule status to Programs and/or Customers;
- Facilitate necessary schedule review meetings, identify schedule & budget risks;
- Facilitate problem solving sessions among Operations team for proper corrective & preventative actions for any schedule related issues/risk;
- Produce weekly production plan in accordance with approved overall schedule, and quantitatively tracking the progress, by following established processes/procedures/working instructions;
- Produce weekly production resource demand for assigned project according to weekly plan and ensure the accuracy of overall resource demand at all time on rolling wave basis;
- Review materials, resource application, and Engineering status, as the inputs for ongoing schedule tracking/assessment;
- Manage post induction work scope changes (include Customer Requests and emergent works), identify any schedule, budget risk and communicate to Program/Customer. Identify all requirements, communicate to appropriate stakeholders;
- Collaborate with Operation Supervisor to populate and maintain Project boards;
- Produce Daily Production Status Report, weekly Operations/Cards closure report, and weekly report as required;
- Ensure all work performed by the team is in accordance with the customer’s check packages, regulatory bodies, operating procedures, all maintenance, manufacturing and policy manuals and scope of their certification authority;
- Ensure all work performed exceeds quality standards while meeting safety guidelines and productivity goals and objectives;
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent communication skills: fluent written and verbal English are mandatory;
- Advanced MS Project skills are mandatory;
- Strong computer skills: Excel, and database programs;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Advanced level of collaboration and problem solving skills.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Degree or diploma in Aviation or Operation Management or Certificate in Aircraft Maintenance (Approved by TCA)
- 3-5 years' experience planning heavy maintenance on transport category aircraft
REASONS TO APPLY
- Employee retention and engagement is important to Cascade, we value our employees
- Competitive salary, Extended benefits, and Employee Resilience Program (all 100% paid by Cascade) are offered after 3 months employment
- Pension matching
- 3 Weeks paid vacation
- ATO (approved training organization) provides Endorsement (type) training & development
- Company-wide social events and family functions throughout the year
- Relocation package available
Cascade Aerospace Inc. is a dynamic, privately-held Canadian specialty aerospace and defence contractor focused on providing long-term integrated aircraft support programs for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), military, government and commercial customers.
All employees are encouraged to realize their true potential and play an active role in fostering an environment of safety, quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. We are a diverse organization that strives to be respectful and inclusive of everyone and to treat employees fairly and equally.
At Cascade Aerospace we strongly believe in the value of teaming - with our employees, our customers, our suppliers, and our communities. It is by "Teaming with the best" and working collaboratively with our many partners that we are able to offer custom-tailored solutions for each customer's unique requirements. Our value proposition is that we build enduring customer relationships, and our strategic focus is customer satisfaction. It is a driver in all our decisions.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. Cascade Aerospace has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on either your application form, covering letter or resume.