JOIN OUR TEAM
"Cascade Aerospace is one of Canada's leading specialty aerospace and defence contractors - a place where we do cool things for great customers!" We invite you to consider a career with us - come, experience our creative, innovative, and performance-based company!
The Buyer ensures parts, materials and services purchased on behalf of Cascade Aerospace and/or the customer are delivered in a timely manner based on quality, price, availability and customer check completion time requirements.
This position belongs in the bargaining unit and shall abide by all rules and regulations as set out in the Collective Agreement.
Only Canadian Residents or Permanent Residents will be considered at this time.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1) Strive to consistently act in a manner in which reflects Cascade Aerospace’s culture and values.
- Complete work on time, and in the highest attainable quality
- Treat customers and co-workers with sensitivity and respect
- Assist internal and external customers in fulfilling their responsibilities
- Enhance existing skills and develop new skills through continuous learning
2) Ensure parts purchased on behalf of Cascade Aerospace and/or the customer are delivered in a timely manner based on quality, price, availability and customer check completion time requirements.
- Source parts and products using Cascade Aerospace’s database and other resource tools, knowledge and experience
- Ensure the appropriate paperwork is sent to the Quality Assurance Department to approve a part’s interchangeability
- Ensure that part costs remain within the customer’s requirements and budget, and that delivery is within the time restrictions allocated
- Ensure parts purchased conform to internal and external quality control standards and regulations
- Analyze bids and quotes, making recommendations on purchases based on best overall value to the company and the customer
- Follow up on Core Exchanges ensuring the timely return of vendor cores and the timely entry of costs so that they can be billed back to our customers
3) Liaise with customer representatives and buyers to ensure Cascade Aerospace is meeting their specific requirements.
- Confirm that identified parts are needed and discuss price, availability and other specific requirements with the customer representative/buyer
- Work with the customer’s buyers and send all required paperwork to them
- Expedite parts on behalf of Cascade Aerospace and the customer when required
4) Liaise with Boeing Technical Support as required.
- Evaluate part request and determine if there are any interchangeable parts available in stock or on the open market at a better price/delivery
- Speak with Boeing Technical Support and try to locate an interchangeable part or material
- Work with Cascade Aerospace Engineering department to come up with an acceptable alternate to parts and materials as required
- Provide support to Crew Leaders and AMEs when trying to interpret interchangeable part codes and requirements
5) Perform expediting and accounting functions in accordance with Cascade Aerospace’s policies and procedures.
- Evaluate outstanding orders and track parts arrivals to ensure required dates are met
- Assist the Finance Department in reconciling and correcting invoice, purchase order inconsistencies
- Facilitate the return of goods for exchange or credit
- Research alternate supply sources, ensuring they conform with aircraft affectivity requirements
- Proficiency in the Cascade Aerospace Purchasing and Inventory system
- Investigate and provide corrective action for quarantine items
- Reviewing the aircraft Illustrated Parts Catalogue to determine alternate parts/next higher assembly/manufacturer information
6) Be familiar with and ensure that all workplace conduct is in accordance with Cascade Aerospace’s Human Resources attendance, union, safety and security policies and procedures.
7) Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent communication skills: fluent written and verbal English is mandatory
- Intermediate Computer Skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel programs; MS Access would be an asset
- Knowledge of manufacturing, maintenance, repair and modification of aircraft or systems
- Proficient understanding of tools, parts and equipment
- Safe work practices and techniques
- Skill in performing technical work in area of expertise
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Grade 12 Diploma
PMAC Level I or II an asset
Experience: 1-2 year(s) experience as an Aviation Parts Buyer
REASONS TO APPLY
- Employee retention and engagement is important to Cascade, we value our employees;
- Competitive salary, Extended health and dental benefits, and Employee Resilience Program (all 100% paid by Cascade) are offered after 3 months employment;
- Pension matching;
- ATO (approved training organization) provides Endorsement (type) training & development;
- Company-wide social events and family functions throughout the year.
Cascade Aerospace is an operating unit of I.M.P. Aerospace and Defence. Employees of Cascade Aerospace are required to be fully vaccinated with all necessary doses of a Government of Canada approved Covid-19 vaccine.
Cascade Aerospace Inc. is a dynamic, privately-held Canadian specialty aerospace and defence contractor focused on providing long-term integrated aircraft support programs for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), military, government and commercial customers.
All employees are encouraged to realize their true potential and play an active role in fostering an environment of safety, quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. We are a diverse organization that strives to be respectful and inclusive of everyone and to treat employees fairly and equally.
At Cascade Aerospace we strongly believe in the value of teaming - with our employees, our customers, our suppliers, and our communities. It is by "Teaming with the best" and working collaboratively with our many partners that we are able to offer custom-tailored solutions for each customer's unique requirements. Our value proposition is that we build enduring customer relationships, and our strategic focus is customer satisfaction. It is a driver in all our decisions
Cascade Aerospace is committed to the principle of Employment Equity. Creating an environment where diverse perspectives are valued begins with self-declaration. Count yourself in and self-declare by identifying which employment equity group(s) you belong to. In order to self-declare, please ensure to indicate this in your application, cover letter, or resume.