WHO WE ARE
Cascade Aerospace Inc. (Cascade) is a leading Canadian specialty aerospace & defence company trusted for its engineering and maintenance expertise for operators in domestic and international military, government, original equipment manufacturers and commercial environments.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Joining Cascade means a future with a team of dedicated professionals in a dynamic specialty aerospace and defense company with a standard of providing customers with quality services and products. Cascade is seeking Permanent Full Time Unlicensed Avionics Technicians (AME-E).
Cascade offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an extended health and dental plan, life insurance, pension and paid sick benefits in accordance with the Collective Agreement. Competitive Relocation Assistance is also offered.
Wage range: $27.54 - $31.36 as per Collective Agreement.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
You will perform aircraft maintenance, repairs and overhaul and complete the associated documentation in accordance with industry standards and Cascade policies and procedures. In addition, you will assist and coaches junior technicians as required.
- Ensure all paperwork, documentation and reporting associated with a repair is completed accurately and in accordance with Transport Canada Regulations (CARS), Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM), Quality Control Procedures (QCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Process Standards (CPS), all maintenance, manufacturing and policy manuals.
- Ensure the return of the customer aircraft in safe and serviceable condition by performing all work tasks in accordance with applicable manuals, Transport Canada Regulations (CARS), Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM), Quality Control Procedures (QCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Process Standards (CPS), all maintenance, manufacturing and policy manuals, and scope of their certification authority.
- Ensure all repairs/modifications are performed in accordance with the customer’s check package, Transport Canada Regulations (CARS), Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM), Quality Control Procedures (QCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Process Standards (CPS), all maintenance, manufacturing and policy manuals, and scope of their certification authority.
- Provide coaching and leadership to junior technicians to ensure work tasks are performed efficiently and accurately, and appropriate skills to progress in the trade are developed.
- Ensure all work tasks are performed in accordance with Cascade Aerospace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with and ensure that all workplace conduct is in accordance with Cascade Aerospace’s Human Resources, attendance, safety and security policies and procedures.
- This position belongs in the bargaining unit and shall abide by all rules and regulations as set out in the collective agreement.
- Good communication skills: fluent written and verbal English is mandatory
- Basic Computer Skills: word processing, spreadsheet and database programs
- Specific knowledge of manufacturing, maintenance, repair and modification of aircraft or systems and components in the areas of any of the following trades: Mechanics, Avionics, Structures, or Composites.
- Ability to ensure that approved standards of Quality Control are maintained
- Safe work practices and techniques
- Basic coaching and leadership skills
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Grade 12 Diploma
Certificate in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (approved by TCA or the applicable governing body) or equivalent
Quality Control Procedures
Experience: 48 + months experience performing AME duties
Please visit our website http://www.cascadeaerospace.com/join-the-team/ to apply and email inquiries to HR@cascadeaerospace.com
1337 Townline Road, Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada, V2T 6E1
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. Cascade Aerospace has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on either your application form, covering letter or resume.