LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Casual) – Extendicare Viking
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Candidates are invited to apply for a casual position of Licensed Practical Nurse for Extendicare Viking located in the town of Viking, Alberta. This facility provides care and services for 60 Continuing Care residents. The following position is available: Casual
Reporting to the Registered Nurse, the LPN will enhance the effective management and quality of care delivery and nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta, Health Professions Act, Alberta Health Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
- Ensure resident care and service is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care. LPNs at Extendicare Viking will work to their full scope of practice.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans including the provision of care to residents. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders. Including medication administration and treatments. Observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate.
- Organize, deliver and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care, quality of life activities and palliative care as required.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of personal care staff assigned to their household or unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education.
- Currently registered and a member in good standing with the CLPNA; Previous experience in long-term care preferred including demonstrated commitment to working with seniors
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Effective leadership and human relation skills required
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Strong organization, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills; excellent attendance and clinical performance record required.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary and benefits as per the Collective Agreement including recognition of previous experience as may be applicable.
Closing date: December 31/21
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
5020 – 57th Ave Viking AB, T0B 4N0
If you are a team player; customer service oriented; a caring and skilled health professional with demonstrated interest in working with seniors, we invite your application.