REGISTERED NURSE (Permanent - .9 FTE) – Extendicare Viking
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Candidates are invited to apply for the permanent .9 FTE Registered Nurse position (must be willing to work weekends, days, evenings and nights) detailed below ay Extendicare Viking, a 60-bed Long Term Care facility located in Viking, Alberta.
Reporting to the Director of Care, RNs use critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills to provide compassionate and safe patient care.
- Planning and organizing work
- Problem solving
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Recording and reporting skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Specialty skills (ie: IV, Palliative)
- Proficiency with computers
- Comprehensive knowledge in areas of wound management, infection control, dementia care, least restraint, and zero lift practices
Qualification and Experience:
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program
- Active or eligible registration with CARNA
- 1-year LTC experience
- 1 – 2 years Clinical experience
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with MDS 2.0,
- Familiarity with PointClickCare
CLOSING DATE: December 31, 2021
Please forward your resume to the attention of: Darlene Thibault, Administrator, Extendicare Viking at DThibault@extendicare.com