RESIDENT ASSISTANTS (Part-Time) – Extendicare Port Hope
Caring, hard-working individuals are invited to apply for this exciting new job classification opportunity, as Temporary Part-Time Resident Assistants, to work at our Extendicare Port Hope facility, a 128-bed long-term care home, conveniently located in Port Hope, Ontario ( very close to Hwy 401)
Reporting to the Director of Care and under the direction of the Registered Staff the Resident Assistant is responsible for assisting the nursing staff in tasks that require no hands-on care of the resident.
- Transport resident to onsite programming, dining room and internal appointments; accommodates residents’ right to choose.
- Performs tasks such as: cleaning spills; making beds and changing linens; maintain a clean, tidy and safe environment in the Home including the resident’s room; labelling of personal grooming items; putting away personal laundry; disinfecting high touch surfaces and regularly organizing resident closets and drawers.
- Assists with nutrition and feeding, including but not limited to: distributing cloth protects for meal times; setting up the dining room for meal times and clearing dishes after meals; assisting with feeding of residents through encouragement and coaching.
- Assist resident with hand washing before and after meals.
- Provides 1:1 resident support
- Answer call bells and communicate residents’ concerns to staff
- Collaborates with residents, families and team members to maintain a positive, supportive and safe environment for all
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities and advocates for the resident/family individual needs and preferences.
- Communicates positively with other staff, residents and families
- Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to resident
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Demonstrated experience and interest in working with a population of older adults
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to client centered care
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must have a completed Vulnerable Sector Check (within 6 months); and a current 2 step TB skin test (within a year).
CLOSING DATE: December 11, 2021
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Yvonne Gaudaur RN GNC(C)
Fax resume to: 905-885-5328
Facility Address: 360 Croft Street, Port Hope, ON L1A 4K8
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting