HEALTH CARE AIDES (Casual) – Extendicare Hillcrest
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Certified Health Care aide to work, day/ Evening and Night shifts as per Schedule at Extendicare Hillcrest facility, a 112-bed long-term care home, located in Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting to the Registered Nurse and Program Manager, the HCA provides care as outlined in the resident care plan to maintain and or improve function by promoting Quality of Life to help them live better.
- Directly accountable to the Program Manager and under the direction of the nurse.
- Become a care partner to assist with resident care helping residents to maintain independence and providing ADL supportive care as directed.
- Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in program activities, best practice initiatives, and in the development of action plans.
- Health Care Aide certificate from a recognized health care aide program and are registered on the HCA Directory.
- Demonstrate able to read and write as well as to understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- Demonstrated reliability in assuming/ carrying out the commitments and obligations of the position with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge / experience working with residents who have a diagnosis of complex medical needs.
- Recent experience working with in the dementia and Complex medical issues an asset.
- Ability to promote resident independence
- Capable to work busy assignment with multiple mechanical lifts.
- Participate in Care Planning process by identify and implement ideas to meet resident’s physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs
- Become a care partner to each resident and demonstrate the ability maintain positive working relationships with families and staff.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a satisfactory employment record including completion of mandatory annual education
· Strong customer focuses with an excellent attendance record is required
CLOSING DATE: until further notice
Interested applicants may forward their resume to the attention of:
Amanda Hardy, Regional Manager of Programs
In Alberta, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Alberta Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Albertans with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.