Mindwire delivers top jobs to top talent. We are currently seeking experienced professionals for exciting new opportunities and career advancement.
Mindwire represents hundreds of client companies for both contract and permanent positions. New jobs are being filled every day and our experienced professional resource managers are waiting to help you screen the top jobs that match your skills and experience.
You don’t have time to search long lists of postings repeated on multiple web sites, so let our trained and experienced resource managers do the work for you. We review top jobs and will be the first to alert you when the right opportunity arises.
We are looking for a Data Conversion Specialist for one of our Federal Government clients.
Our client seeks to transform the delivery of IT services in the department, through the consolidation and rationalization of its current IT footprint from 169+ points of service delivery to less than 22 IT Service Management Centers (SMCs).
What makes this Special:
Our client has a prestigious reputation and excellent work environment. This position offers an opportunity for personal learning and to contribute to important initiatives that make a difference. Our client is actively screening resumes and scheduling interviews to fill this position, so let one our professional resource managers represent you to the client, promote your skills, and help you prepare.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering data from multiple sources* and consolidating the data into a single repository. *Multiple sources means two or more data sources.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing a repeatable data conversion approach that results in consistent data output
- Demonstrated experience in developing work instruments, specifically scripts for the purpose of automating repetitive extract, transforming and loading data.
- Demonstrated experience in effective management of stakeholder relationships as demonstrated through delivering guidance and advice to clients.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing, and developing clean up scripts for corrupt data.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing data migration plans for the migration of existing data sources (including but not limited to MS excel spreadsheets and configuration management databases (CMDBs)) to a centralized CMDB.
- Demonstrated experience in providing data migration progress reports.
- Demonstrated experience in using MS-Excel Data Mining and Pivot Table
Keywords: data conversion, ETL, Excel, pivot table
How to Apply:
To apply for this and other suitable exciting opportunities with Mindwire Systems Ltd. Ltd., you can register and apply online at www.mindwire.ca
If you would like to email a copy of your resume for review, please reference this posted Job Number or Job Description in the subject line of your email for prompt identification and send your email with attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mindwire Systems Ltd. (formerly Zylog Systems (Ottawa) Ltd.) is an ISO 9001‐2008 certified IT professional services company. For over 12 years, Mindwire has provided effective recruitment, screening, qualification, and management of independent consultants in response to our clients’ resource requirements. Headquartered in the National Capital Region, Mindwire provides federal, provincial, and municipal government departments and private industry clients across Canada with highly regarded and capable professional resources, services and solutions.
Mindwire currently holds over 50 IT Professional Services Supply Arrangements and Standing Offers across all levels of Canadian government, including federal, provincial, and municipal clients. In addition to the 375+ resources deployed on an annual basis, Mindwire presently has over 1.3 million IT sub‐contractor consultants in our national database, 70% of which are active resources with expertise in a wide spectrum of technological skills. Mindwire Systems Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Brainhunter Systems Ltd (formerly Zylog Systems (Canada)). IKYA Human Capital Solutions Ltd., part of the Toronto-based multinational Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd., is Brainhunter Systems Ltd.’s parent company.
Fairfax Financial Holdings (FFH) is a publicly traded financial services holding company whose portfolio of assets exceeds $30 billion invested worldwide. IKYA Human Capital Solutions Ltd. is the fastest growing HR solutions company in India, specializing in staffing services, training and skill development, executive search, recruitment solutions and training and project based RPO hiring.
Mindwire specializes in providing high quality resources with a focus on the following eight service lines:
Application Development & Maintenance: Mindwire provides integration, design, development and implementation of multi-tiered applications using a variety of technologies including Java/J2EE, Microsoft .NET Framework, COBOL and PowerBuilder primarily with Oracle and SQL Server databases. We have developed standardized delivery methods that right-size project management and infrastructure and streamline application delivery. Services include legacy conversion, database consolidation, and web-related services.
Infrastructure Support Services: Mindwire has been involved in all aspects of infrastructure support services including desktop and server management and support, system performance and optimization, infrastructure and network assessments, data and server consolidations, Thin Client computing and server virtualization, network monitoring and remote management and on call support services. Mindwire has worked on assignments ranging from technical architecture in classified military domains, to operational support, to network support services, to testing and lab environments, to hands on network design and migration strategies using state of the art technologies. Project sizes range from very small to large multi-million dollar support projects with technologies including, but not limited to: Active Directory design; Windows 200X planning, deployment and migration services; optimization and troubleshooting; CITRIX; Novell eDirectory; and Exchange 200X design, deployment and migration.
Management and Transformation Services: Mindwire provides project management and business transformation consulting services, including strategic planning, service transformation, change management, business process re-engineering, and business transformation architecture. In all cases, these projects are very complex in scope, involving organizational and business transformation initiatives.
Information Management: Within information resource management, Mindwire provides a full range of information management services, including electronic records management specialists, business process evaluation, and re-engineering consulting services using a variety of technologies, including RDIMS, GCDocs, Autonomy, and SharePoint.
Enterprise Resource Planning:
- PeopleSoft Applications: Mindwire is able provide a full complement of both functional and technical resources with experience in major GoC upgrades (planning through implementation), development, operational maintenance, and training in current PeopleSoft GoC HRMS implementations.
- SAP Applications: Mindwire offers our clients experienced SAP certified resources of varying skill sets, including BASIS Administration, ABAP developers, functional configuration specialists, and project managers. Our resources have participated in the latest product upgrades included in the Canadian federal government version.
- Oracle Financials: Our Oracle Financials technical and functional experience includes numerous upgrades and extensive development experience. Mindwire has been the prime support provider for Transport Canada’s mission critical Oracle Financials application for over a decade.
Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing: Through a variety of flexible services and programs, and by using the most advanced data-management technologies available, Mindwire helps its customers develop business intelligence solutions that meet their specific needs. From data mart and data warehouse development to enterprise-wide reporting, we employ the most advanced data-management and information-mining techniques and technologies to yield key decision-making information.
IT Security: Mindwire has a well established reputation in the provision of IT security services including disaster recovery planning, vulnerability/threat risk assessments and intrusion detection, and security audits. Our resources include professionals with Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM), and Business Continuity certifications and who have an average of 10 years IT security specific experience.
Apply now or contact one of our experienced professional resource managers to help you find the perfect career to make the most of your unique skills and experience.
Top Jobs for Top Talent