Hastings Racecourse has been capturing the imagination of Vancouverites and visitors alike since 1889. Each April through October, we are Vancouver’s exclusive source for live thoroughbred horseracing. Annually, 600,000 guests of Hastings will wager on over 40,000 live and year-round national and international simulcast races combined. In addition, we offer over 600 of the latest slot machines on our Casino Floor - complete with a spectacular entertainment lounge – as well as food and beverage options ranging from casual to fine dining.
A Vancouver landmark, Hastings Racecourse offers spectacular views of the North Shore Mountains and Burrard Inlet. , Located only 4 km from downtown Vancouver, B.C., we are conveniently accessible by car or public transit. Hastings opens its doors at 10:00am everyday and closes at 2:00am Sunday thru Thursday and 4:00am Fridays and Saturdays. A truly unique entertainment destination, Hastings offers an equally unique employment experience for our staff. As a member of the Great Canadian group of companies, Hastings Racecourse offers both seasonal and year-round positions in a fast paced, high energy environment. Get your career racing with Hastings Racecourse today and find out why we’re “Bred for Excitement” since 1889.
Hastings Racecourse is currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Assistant Racing Secretary/ Racing Analyst - a person who wishes to further their Racing Management career within the horseracing/gaming industry.
Under the direction of the Racing Secretary, you are at a stage in your career where you are eager to take on the following responsibilities in support of the company’s vision and goals:
- Assisting Racing Secretary with the condition book and handicapping of weight assignments
- Assisting the Racing Office on entry days
- Assisting with implementation of the racing operation strategic plans while establishing a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees
- Producing the Morning Line
- Racing picks and analysis for the Daily Racing Program
- Racing picks and analysis for the Province and Vancouver Sun
- Organizing and up-dating racing related Web Content
- Twitter up-dates for the Hastings Twitter account
- On-air, pre-racing program and paddock analysis for each race
- Responding to requests for racing information from the press
- Organizing and hosting handicapping seminars and Clockers’ Corner Shows throughout race meet.
- Managing other initiatives as required or assigned
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
How to apply: Qualified candidates are welcome to click on the APPLY ONLINE NOW button and take a moment to register with our career centre. Great Canadian thanks all candidates that apply for this position. If your application is shortlisted for the position, one of our professional recruiters will be in touch.