River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2012 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeportand you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, toRichmond’s most acclaimed Italian fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer in our Party Pit, a Server in ourInternational Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
Are you a Demi Chef looking for a career defining job in a world class resort restaurant? Do you have a passion and flare for cooking Italian cuisine? Do you like to prepare delectable range of modern Italian cooking and pastry for the not-so-average customers? If so, River Rock Casino Resort is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate and experienced Demi Chef to join our dynamic culinary team in our fine dining Tramonto Restaurant. As a Demi Chef you will have the opportunity to work closely with our Executive Chef and Sous Chef. You will be responsible for creating high quality meals and dining experience for our guests by preparing and serving attractive and scrumptious meals while maintaining all company standards and thorough adherence to all safety and hygiene policies and procedures. Other responsibilities include:
- Prepares, cooks and presents menu items in a timely fashion; following standardized recipes
- Bakes bread and pastry
- Prepares plated desserts
- Assists in the garde manger/appetizer station
- Prepares mis en place (“setting in place” of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery etc)
- Assists the Commis with product receipts, breakdown, storage and rotation
- Cleans culinary equipment after use and/or removes soiled equipment to the dish pit
- Assists with month end inventories as directed
- Takes orders over the counter at some locations
- Attends monthly culinary meetings
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Culinary education
- Enrollment or completion of the ITA apprentice program a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Minimum 2 years progressive culinary experience
- Level 1 Food Safe, Safe Food Handling or BASICS. Fst Food Handler Certificate, WHMIS, Serving it Right Smart Serve or IGB Certificate
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence, and Citizenship
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including late nights, weekends and holidays. The hours of work will be based on operational and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8