River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2012 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed Italian fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer in our Party Pit, a Server in ourInternational Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is currently looking for dynamic, motivated, and detail-orientated individuals who are looking to further their career as Storekeeper/Receiver. You will be responsible for receiving all goods including furniture, equipment, food, beverages, paper, small wares, etc. and checks incoming orders for freshness, completeness and condition while contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Receives goods for all areas of the operation including food, beverages, paper, furniture, equipment, small wares, etc.
- This job may require use of an electric pallet jack and other loading equipment.
- Checks incoming orders for freshness, completeness and condition. Signs and dates invoice and makes sure all items are received.
- Advises Manager if items are not received, are backordered or are damaged.
- Shops for items that are urgently needed or must be purchased in person. Receives and accounts for cash float issued for this purpose, or utilizes purchase order number.
- Responds to requests for interdepartmental delivery.
- Rotates stock appropriately.
- Brings products to appropriate areas.
- Cleans coolers and freezers (sweep, mop, wash walls and shelving) and storage areas (sweeping, washing floors) in receiving area.
- Keeps all stock rooms organized.
- Sorts all recyclables.
- Tidies and cleans receiving/garbage area.
- Hands receipts in to office, with proper date stamp, goods received stamp and signature.
- Assists with setting up for special functions.
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders (guests, ownership and employees)
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications
- High School Diploma
- Level 1 FoodSafe, Safe Food Handling or BASICS.fst Food Handler Certificate; WHMIS; SIR, Smart Serve or IGB Certificate
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- Experience with electrical pallet jack and other loading equipment
- Minimum 6 months experience in receiving
- Provides Great Experiences and Memories to both internal and external guests.
Candidates must be ready and willing to work all shifts including weekends and holidays. The hours of work will be based on customer and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8