River Rock Casino Resort is Western Canada’s premier CAA/AAA Four Diamond casino resort that combines luxury, service excellence and entertainment. River Rock is located on the banks of the Fraser River in Richmond, and we’re the center of all the action 24/7. A quick commute by car, and steps away from the Bridgeport Station with convenient and quick access to Vancouver, Richmond and the rest of the Lower Mainland by bus or the Canada Line. Our dazzling casino features slot machines and all of the favorite table games; our beautifully appointed hotel suites, show theatre, state of the art convention and meeting facilities, restaurants, bars, and a marina offer great career opportunities in Gaming, Hotel, Theatre, F&B, Culinary and so much more.
River Rock is filled with employees from all backgrounds who have found a place where they can define what success means to them - and we help make it happen. It's where you'll be given the building stones you need to forge a challenging new path, either in hotel or casino operations, expanding your skills and growing your career with the benefits that let you live the life you want. Whether dealing on one of our tables, or serving guests in one of our restaurants, everyone wins at the Rock. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort is looking for Commis Chef to join our team. Under the supervision of the Sous Chef & Executive Chef, this position is responsible for the preparation of food items, maintaining all company standards and adherence to all safety and hygiene policies and procedures while contributing to a safe and welcome work environment for all employees.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares, pre-cooks and/or cooks food products as directed
- Prepares mis en place (“setting in place” of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required for high volume production
- Cleans kitchen equipment after use according to health and safety policies and procedures
- Receives stock from Receiving Operations, labels, dates, stores and rotates in appropriate storage areas
- Serves staff meals in the staff cafeteria(s) in some locations
- Takes orders over the counter in some locations
- Counts inventory as directed
- Attends monthly culinary meetings
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders (guests, ownership and employees)
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed
- High School Diploma
- Culinary education a plus
- Enrollment or completion of the ITA Apprentice Program a plus
- Level 1 FoodSafe, Safe Food Handling or BASICS.fst Food Handler Certificate; WHMIS; SIR, Smart Serve or IGB Certificate
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year culinary experience
- Have or willing to obtain a Serving it Right Certificate (SIR)
- Providing a Great Experience and Memory to all guests, both external and internal
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule. The hours of work will be based on customer and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8