The Contact Centre Associate performs a variety of service and sales functions with a view towards providing the highest possible standard of service and support to our members. The Contact Centre Associate responds to member enquiries on products and services, resolves routine to complex member concerns, assists in the sale and set up of new investments; actively pursues sales/referral opportunities and assists with branch campaigns and promotions.
As a member of the branch team represents Prospera Credit Union in the community by participating in community functions that will enhance the image of the organization in the trading area and promote the philosophy and principles of credit unions.
1. Performs a variety of duties relating to the promotion and sales of credit union products and services including responding to member inquiries and providing information on the full range of products, services and interest rates; analyses needs and assists members to utilize the products or services which best meet those needs by outlining benefits and alternatives.
2. Identifies member needs and promotes/cross-sells lending, investment products and services through telephone member contact, sales and service calls and written correspondence. Looks for opportunities to consolidate business from other financial institutions and strengthen banking relationship with Prospera.
3. In accordance with Prospera Way maintains up to date knowledge of all products and services by regularly reviewing available information. Identifies and actively pursues opportunities to educate members and makes referrals to the financial services team as well as the Wealth Management division. Diarizes and follows up on referral opportunities.
4. Assists and participates in campaigns, specific marketing initiatives and/or promotions for new products and services that promote sales and growth in key target areas.
5. Sells and sets up products including matrix personal loans, terms and RRSPs.
6. Provides prompt and efficient non-cash services such as transfers, stop payments, cheque orders; the complete balancing and reconciliation of all work daily. Accurately processes member transactions such as transfers, bill payments, account updates, stop payments, balances, etc. using banking systems; completion of all documents related to the assigned work.
7. Ensures a high personal standard of service and performance by actively participating in education seminars and training programs.
8. Completes member calling reports for terms, benefit change, etc.
9. Interviews and processes card service applications for approval.
10. Provides assistance to the Electronic Delivery Centre as required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Thorough knowledge of:
• Deposit and investment products and services and related policies, procedures and documentation requirements;
• Prospera Way service and referral techniques;
• Banking system and computer applications;
• Cisco telephone system;
• Electronic Delivery Centre internal processes;
• Demonstrated superior customer services skills and professionalism;
• Strong communication skills;
• Ability to plan, schedule, organize, prioritize and execute work assignments.
• Secondary school diploma;
• Minimum three years’ related experience including one year of experience as a Service Associate; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.