The Service Representative completes a variety of cash and non-cash related transactions for members. This position contributes to a high level of service by presenting a positive, pleasant public image, providing fast, efficient personalized service and identifying and capitalizing on all service and referral opportunities.
As a member of the branch team represents Prospera Credit Union in the community by participating in community functions that will enhance the image of the organization in the trading area and promote the philosophy and principles of credit unions.
1. Provides prompt and efficient cash services such as cheque negotiating, cash deposits, withdrawals, foreign exchange; the complete balancing and reconciliation of all work daily. Accurately processes member transactions such as transfers, bill payments, traveler’s cheques, official cheques, account updates, stop payments, balances, etc. using banking systems; completion of all documents related to the assigned work.
2. Provides assistance to the Service Associates team and other branch departments as required.
3. Resolves routine problems with member accounts and deposit instruments referred by members and other branch staff. Refers problems outside of their responsibility to their supervisor for resolution.
4. Safeguards cash, key, stamps and all negotiable items by observing and applying all security procedures. Acts as a joint custodian on specified combinations; can control access to safety deposit boxes.
5. May be responsible for verifying cash parcels received or in preparation of cash for shipping.
6. In accordance with Prospera Way service expectations maintains up to date knowledge of all products and services by regularly reviewing available information. Identifies and actively pursues opportunities to educate members and makes referrals to the financial services team as well as the Wealth Management division. Diarizes and follows up on referral opportunities.
7. Assists and participates in campaigns, specific marketing initiatives and/or promotions for new products and services that promote sales and growth in key target areas.
8. Ensures a high personal standard of service and performance by actively participating in other education seminars and training programs.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and understanding of:
• basic credit union services and products
• the banking system
• procedures and computer operations
• security and rules regulating cashing negotiable items
• Proven ability to respond to members and the public in a courteous, friendly, professional and efficient manner
• Demonstrated ability to post, balance and handle cash in an accurate and timely manner
• Secondary school diploma
• Minimum of one years’ related experience; or
• An equivalent combination of education and experience.