The Maritime Helicopter Program (MHP) is a program to replace the current fleet of CH-124 Sea King helicopters with the acquisition of 28 Sikorsky H-92 based Maritime Helicopters (MH) for the Department of National Defence (DND). The program consists of delivery of a complete Integrated
Mission System (IMS) and the required modifications to one HALIFAX (HFX) class ship. In
addition, the In-Service Support (ISS) of the MH Weapon System (MHWS) covers all the
support services, personnel, facilities and equipment not normally deployed on the MH, and is
comprised of a set-up phase and a support phase that begins with the delivery of the first MH.
General Dynamics Canada Ltd. (GD Canada) is a significant member of the MH Team as a
subcontractor to Sikorsky International Operations Inc. (Sikorsky).
The Mission Preparation and Analysis Service (MPAS) is one of five services defined by the In-Service Support (ISS) contract required to provide support to MH Crews during operations. Specifically, the MPAS provides the capability to manage and distribute mission support data provided by DND support organizations to the fleet, provides the capability for MH Crews to plan missions and to load mission support data onto the Maritime Helicopter, provides the capability to analyze mission data post-flight and provides the capability to produce archives and reports of mission data for redistribution and storage.
Reporting to an MPAS Verification and Validation Lead, Test Engineers will carry out various duties including supporting the system and software development effort and testing MPAS system and software implementation on the MPAS platform.
The selected candidate(s) will work closely with a team of highly skilled professionals in a collaborative environment. High team participation and cooperation is essential, as the role involves liaising with systems designers, software developers and integration and test engineers from other areas within MHP.
The responsibilities of the Test Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting requirements analysis and design review;
- Developing test cases that validate system and software level requirements;
- Executing test cases;
- Generating Problem Reports;
- Verification of completed Problem Reports;
- Participation in Integrated Product Teams;
- Providing input to the Team Lead for MPAS V&V Team on schedule development, schedule progress, and risks;
- Maintaining and improving lab scripts.
At least 1 year related test experience preferred experience with defense industry.
• Knowledge of test development and methodologies.
• Knowledge of DOORS would be an asset
• Knowledge of ClearCase and ClearQuest would be an asset.
• Knowledge of test automation, scripting.
• Strong communication abilities, both written and verbal.
• Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.