PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Project Management Analyst (PMA) role is part of the Program Management Office matrix organization. The PMA will report on a day-to-day basis to their assigned Managers to support related Project and Engineering Management teams. This position requires considerable liaison between project management, engineering, and operations staff at all levels.
- Project Initiation, Planning and Execution includes:
- Review assigned project work and coordinate inputs from engineering and project teams to create and organize activity-based plans and project schedules.
- Create and assist project team in properly using charge codes for approved work.
- Project Monitoring and Control includes:
- Coordinate and drive the timely updates of project schedules. Track milestones and deliverables.
- Monitoring and reporting project financials and budgets, liaise with project financial analysts to update cost information and determine cost plan variances, analyse work and financials to provide estimates-to-completion (ETC) and estimates-at-completion (EAC).
- Assist the Managers in identifying areas requiring change control.
- Collect and analyse data for project and programmatic reporting.
- Generate metrics related to project execution and schedule performance for presentations, status updates, and program reviews.
- Create meeting agendas and set up meeting rooms for local and online distance communications.
- As required, document requirements, risks, action items, and review minutes.
- Project Closure includes:
- Assist with close-out activities, including deficiency list preparation and estimates, tracking close-out documentation and related closure activities.
- Provide other special or necessary project related activities as requested by the PM, DPM, or the Project Control Manager.
Relevant Project Management, Business or Technical Diploma or Certificate; demonstrated equivalent experience will be considered.
Advantage: Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), or Project Management Professional (PMP) in training
Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in a technical project environment.
Intermediate to Advanced skill and working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Sharepoint would be an asset.
This position requires considerable liaison between engineering and project management staff members at all levels, and it is essential that the successful candidate demonstrate the following aptitudes:
- Organized: Ability to multi-task by planning and prioritizing tasks. Flexible to changing priorities.
- Communication: Deliver clear, concise and professional communications in both spoken and written forms.
- Teamwork: Work cooperatively with various disciplines to accomplish work objectives.
- Initiative: Work independently and proactively to complete tasks appropriately and on time, and seek guidance in situations of uncertainty or urgency.
- Problem Solving: Effectively assess problems and determine workable solutions.
The successful candidate must be eligible to hold Canadian SECRET clearance.