At General Dynamics Canada, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success. The challenges and opportunities are endless. The results – incredible!
Our employees are exceptional! General Dynamics Canada is proud to employ over 1200 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our people are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.
General Dynamics Canada is Canada’s premiere defense company. We have achieved a worldwide reputation for excellence in the production of leading-edge, highly-complex, technology-based, integrated solutions for land, airborne and maritime applications.
GD Canada is currently executing Land Command Support System (LCSS) Engineering and Integration Support Contract (LEISC) in support of the Canadian Department of National Defence. This is a long term support contract for the command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR) infrastructure for the Canadian Army.
The LCSS System Integration and Test Team conducts integration and test activities on the LCSS System. They develop detailed tests including test steps, configurations, data. The team will conduct integration activities as new sub-system or product baselines are made available. When a major system baseline has completed development, the team will run a comprehensive test program and draft the test reports which characterize the system baseline so that the engineering and program management team can make informed decisions to proceed to trials and deployment. Reporting to the System Integration and Test Lead, the System Integration Tester performs the following activities:
- Develop detailed test procedures in support of the system integration activities which include test steps, test data and scripting for automated test execution.
- Execute test procedures and report on the outcomes including system problem reports and draft test reports.
- Participate in requirements development to ensure testability.
- Participate in system design and development to ensure testability.
- Ensure test activities comply with both internal and external development criteria.
- Participate in the design and commissioning of the simulation test environment.
- Support the automation of test procedures
- Related test experience with defense industry preferred
- Working knowledge of test development and methodologies
- Working knowledge of digital voice encoding and transmission over RF and wired networks is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Requirements Management and Bug Management
- Working knowledge of test automation
- Working knowledge of C/C++/C#
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal
- Experience in communications systems testing or support would be a definite asset
- Technologist Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology or Information Systems Technology with 1 to 5 years industry experience
- Up to 10% travel required
- The successful candidate must be eligible to obtain and hold NATO SECRET and COMSEC caveat; typically requires ten years residency in Canada.
- The Candidate must be able to be cleared for ITAR.