Zylog Systems (Canada) Ltd. is currently seeking a Business Analyst to work on both internal and external client projects.
Our chosen candidate will be a self starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with good analytical and critical evaluation skills, applying their working knowledge to assist in the resolution of business problems. This will require a basic understanding of systems development techniques, including requirements analysis and specification, testing methodologies, and formal modeling.
- Facilitate discussions and workshops to gather business and functional requirements for projects, and utilize alternative elicitation techniques such as interviewing and questionnaires to develop business cases, reports, and evaluations.
- Analyze and document business, stakeholder and solution requirements on assigned projects, using techniques and methods such as;
- Use cases
- Data dictionaries
- Prototyping (Story Boarding, Wireframes, HTML)
- Process flows and re-engineering
- UML (State Transition, Activity, Sequence)
- Writing Business Requirement Documents (BRD)
- Generate and propose system development options and solutions.
- Facilitate Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing processes, including reviewing test plans and supporting testing where required.
- File and Analyze software defects captured during QA testing, and provide clarification or solutions where appropriate.
- Provide pre-sales support for various products and services.
- Liaise between business clients, users and developers.
- Functional Production Support to the Product / Project.
- Strong ability to work effectively in a team/ collaborative environment.
- Undertake other work as may be required by the Development team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- 4+ years experience performing the business analysis or related function.
- 4+ years experience of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- 2+ years of development experience in Dot Net, SQL-Server, XML & other Microsoft Technologies.
- Understanding of web-based applications.
- Exposure in designing the relational database
- Working knowledge of Project Management principles and practices.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience serving as an effective liaison between technical teams and internal and/or external clients (including but not limited to Finance, Recruiting, IT, Sales).
- Client facing experience – telephone, meetings and presentations.
Nice to Have:
- Exposure to Recruiting, HR, CRM and BackOffice systems.
- Experience in a technical / development role.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to senior management in order to communicate requirements.
- Experience working with offshore delivery teams.
- Experience working with a requirements management system.
Keywords: Business Analyst, Information Technology
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, GTA, North York, M2N 5Y7
How to Apply:
To apply for this and other suitable exciting opportunities with Zylog Systems (Canada) Ltd., you can register and apply online at www.ZylogCanada.com